View Single Post
January 24th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Mega Super Daddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire_ga79 View Post
That "most" neurologists "believe" brain synopses are complete by a certain week of gestation.
Welcome to science where we have a collective judgment, position, and opinion of the community of scientists in a particular field of study.[1]

Quote:
... the ones that do believe it only "believe" it to be true.
Really? Are you going to delve into post-modernism[2] where there is no such thing as objective truth? If that is the case then everything you say is just your own opinion and no more right than anything I say, including the fact that scientists only "believe" it to be true.

Quote:
It's an assumption, not something they have been able to confirm.
It's not an assumption, it is based on the facts relating to the growth of nerves into the cortex brain.[3] These can physically be measured.

Quote:
...remember when you and Sunflower Mommy got banned from the message boards hosted by American Baby magazine because of your vicious verbal attacks to anyone who planned to circumcise their sons?
I recall being banned, but not for those reasons. Feel free to post what I wrote and critique that. Otherwise it is just your opinion.

Quote:
The Socratic Method of debate? That's the one that Aristotle said is not a suitable method of debate when debating ethics. [citation needed]
We have not even gotten to debating the ethics of abortion (what is right and wrong[4]) by the Socratic Method, we have mostly been debating the facts relating to humanness.

Quote:
And ethical debates seem to be your favorite. I've only seen you active in debating circumcision, religion, and abortion. And yes, all of your debates go in circles. It's useless.
Right, I enjoy debating topics relating to morality as opposed to things everyone agrees about.

Quote:
It's useless.
Then why do you do it?

Quote:
I was able to correct your link to Wiki, and the gestational age is 3 weeks, meaning that the age of the pregnancy is called 5 weeks.
Great. So you said "Abortions cannot be done before 7 weeks". Case closed.

[1] Scientific consensus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[2] Postmodernism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[3] Fetal Awareness - Review of Research and Recommendations for Practice | Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
[4] Ethics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia