Topic: Liam's Birth
View Single Post
July 16th, 2006, 11:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
wow a hypnobaby!!!!! Id love to hear in more detail about what relaxation you used eg which type of breathing and when you started etc if you have time![/b]
Sure!

I think I started the classes mid October and they lasted 5 weeks and I had him the end of December. I used a lot of visualization to relax myself. With each contraction (or surge as they like to call them) I visualized the baby coming down and into position and my cervix opening up wide. I also visualized my uterus as lots of blue ribbons blowing in the wind--it kept my mind thinking loose and airy thoughts instead of tensing up. The breathing I used was basically just long deep breaths during surges--breathe in for a count of 20 (or as close to 20 as I could get) and out for a count of 20. I was so focused on counting half the time that's all I could think about. Basically if you think relaxing, opening, loose thoughts the rest will take care of itself.

I had a book that had other relaxation and visualization techniques in them but I didn't really need to use them. I also got a cd, called rainbow relaxation. I listened to it every night before I went to bed during the end of my pregnancy and I never once made it through because it would relax me so much I would be out in no time. I didn't need to use the cd either, I pretty much took what I needed from the classes and did what worked for me.

I also had to find positions that were comfortable for me during labor. Like, I didn't like laying down at all. I don't know if it was harder for me to focus or the position was just uncomfortable and not condusive to him moving down the way he should be so I labored either walking around the hallway or sitting up in bed. Let gravity do the work so you don't have to--it only took me a few pushes to get him out. Good luck!

Ailish Laura born October 20th, 2012.
8lbs 12oz and 20.75 inches