View Single Post
January 25th, 2011, 07:28 PM

I first want to thank everyone on here for sharing their stories as I really thought I was alone. I am currently 11wks 5days. Around 7 weeks I noticed brown spotting in my panties. I immediately thought I was miscarrying as I had a previous miscarriage with the same discharge. Boy was I relieved when I went to the ER to see my little peanut on the sonogram screen and I was able to hear the heartbeat! The doctor advised me to follow up with my OBGYN in which I did however I wasn't able to receive my first ultrasound until 2 weeks later. Now 2 weeks does not seem long however it is decades away when u r anxious to know whether your baby will be OK. During the sonogram I found that I had a Subchorionic Hematoma. The technician couldn't offer much information except it was small. I was advised to not lift, pull or do any strenuous activity and I had to come back in 2 weeks. By 10 weeks the hematoma had dissolved and one week prior I noticed that I did not have any discharge when wiping myself. Last night around 2:45am I felt wetness between my legs and I thought I peed myself so I ran to the bathroom only to find bright red blood. My heart dropped and I immediately began to cry. My previous pregnancy did not make it past 7 weeks so to be this far along I had all faith that this pregnancy would make it to the end. My family is so happy as I am the last to have a baby and my boyfriend can not go to sleep at night without having his hand on my growing belly. My boyfriend and I rushed to the emergency room. I received blood work, a vaginal exam and 2 sonograms. It seemed like forever before the doctor informed me that the baby looks good and is surrounded by fluid with a great heartbeat. I was also informed that I had another Subchorionic Hematoma. I am really trying to be optimistic about my situation and reading successful stories provides me with much relief. I pray everyday that in 7 months I will be able to finally meet a healthy baby boy or girl. This message board is so helpful and I will definitely provide updates on my progress as it is helping me to share my story and read other similar stories.