Topic: Two Years
View Single Post
January 27th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Super Mommy
I can hardly believe that it was two years on Tuesday since we lost my sweet little boy. It seems like it was just yesterday, but it seems like it was so far away, and it even seems like it was almost a dream.

I did ok. There were no tears, I had worked really hard last year on healing and finding peace and so I think that although I was sad, I had an overwhelming feeling of peace as well.

The hardest part was taking a few homemade blankets to the hospital where he was born. I made them to donate to other angel baby mommy's at the hospital. It wasn't hard to go back, or even talk about my angel, the hardest part was hearing the lady talk about how excited her staff would be for the blankets because they don't have many donated. And - sometimes they run out - GASP. Run out. Seriously. My heart dropped. No one remembers these babies or their mamas. No one donates for them. So I asked what size they need the most - gasp- 15in X 15in. The tinest little things. And colors, her response was green and yellow are good too because sometimes they just can't tell. I know that I knew all this, but it was sooooo heartbreaking to hear her talking about it.

So as I start this 3rd year without my sweet baby, I have a mission. I'm making more blankets. This year, they won't run out. A mommy won't go without. She will have something to hold, to remember, to carry out instead of having empty arms.
DS #1:

My precious angel DS#2:

My rainbow DS#3:

My Princess #4: