View Single Post
January 28th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Brighteyed & Caffeinated
Send a message via MSN to mommy2olliebeans
Hi everyone :-)

I'm in the process of trying to make a decision whether to have my baby at home or in the hospital. I am seeing a midwife for this pregnancy for the first time ever and she has recommended I have a home birth or at least prep for one just in case due to my history of very fast labours.

I have two kids. Alex is 13 years old and he was born at 37 weeks gestation; I had a medical induction that lasted 3 hours and 48 minutes from start to finish. My daughter Grace (who has passed away) was born at 41 and a bit weeks gestation; my total labour with her was 2 hours and 3 minutes, and I arrived at the hospital with enough time to basically have my water break and deliver a baby.

So I need to do some research and get some ideas and opinions from others who have been in my shoes. I am really scared to do a home birth as I am very comfortable in a hospital setting where I know that help is just around the corner if anything were to go wrong.
I have a doula as well, and she has access to a birthing pool though and that is not helping my decision at all (as in a perfect world, I'd deliver my baby at the hospital in a birthing pool).....