View Single Post
January 28th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by frugality=reality View Post
I buy meat at Aldi all the time, and it's always been great quality. Even the stuff I get at the last minute with the $ off stickers over the label so they have to ring manually.
Yeah I think we were just very very unlucky that time. We got soe meat that was packed with multiple cuts in a pack and when we took it out to cook it the middle piece was green . We also had something similar happen with a pack of hotdogs that DH bought there. Always had great luck with everything else though. It might have just been that specific Aldi store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jess~ View Post
We're really lucky that we live in a largely agricultural area so our produce is reasonably priced since it doesn't have to be shipped in from another state. I buy whatever is in season and won't pay more than $1/lb for any fruits/veggies.
Lucky!

I'm so ready for grapes to be cheaper.. they're almost $3 a lb here. And berries.. ready for those to be cheaper too.

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011