View Single Post
January 31st, 2011, 03:41 PM
Blessed Again!
Hi, Melanie!

Kudos to you for staying SANE!!! That' a huge deal with a sick little one

About the hot dogs... My 40" 36 pound baby girl ate 3, yes 3, hot dogs yesterday for lunch. 3!!! I couldn't believe it.

I hear you on watching budgets. OUr gym is $40/month, so I have tightened up a bit on some other little things, but we NEVER eat out, go to movies, do hair/nails, massages... so I figure this (for me) was a good place to put $. I have the money and I am so depressed and disgusted when I see myself, so it's better to spend it for me than use it for hair, nails or movies!

I've heard AWESOME things about the bowflex, and it works all sorts of muscles, so it may be all you need.

You can do it this week! Just take it one day, one hour at a time. Don't look at the whole week, just the immediate times ahead. When you do something great (get your water in, pass up the candy), write it down and celebrate with fuzzy feelings. No success is too small!

I worked out this morning and for dinner, we're going to have fried chicken (pseudo fried, as I don't use a TON of oil) per DH's request (he can eat an entire chicken, a whole bag of fries, a 12 pack of beer and a cheesecake and lose 5 # doing so... he couldn't physically eat/drink all that, but you get my point), so I am glad I worked out.

Tomorrow is MOPS. That is a DANGER day because the food is soooo delish and I guess there are TONS of calories in the morning's feedings. I am going to try to work out in the morning before going, if I can get these kids out the door early enough. I need to get some sort of workout in to balance out the bazillion calories I'll eat, even if it's only 30-40 min of rowing.

Water's been good today. It's harder, for some reason, to get it in when I don't leave the house. You'd think it would be the opposite. I am focused on getting enough in tomorrow, too!

My ultimate goal is to lose enough weight so I can TTC without meds or expensive doc visits. We spent probably... hmmm... about $8,000 TTC Kellen, and I don't want to have to do the same for #3! I bet being fat was a big part of it, as it caused too much estrogen production which hurts fertility... Anyway... it's my big motivation. Plus, if I lose weight, my DH may actually want to touch me again

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!