View Single Post
February 1st, 2011, 02:40 PM
Join Date: Aug 2006
I had my first appointment at the birth center today. It went well, it was mostly going over paperwork, adding any of my medical history they need to, etc. She listened for a heartbeat and found it right away, which means we have a healthy little bean in there
At the end, she hadn't mentioned a home birth, so I asked since I had already talked to the doula/receptionist there about it. She said based on when I'm due, which is a busy month and where we live, it's actually very unlikely I'll get a home birth
She did encourage me to find a HB midwife if that's what I want, she had one and said it was wonderful and they definitely encourage them if thier moms want one. I was so psyched to stick with my current midwives and still have a home birth and now it looks like I won't be able to do that. A HB is still possible, it just has to work out well. If there are several other women due around the same time as me, it's unlikely unless they have already given birth. I just don't know what to do, I really wanted a home birth, but I also feel very comfortable with these midwives. Cost is another factor, since our insurance will likely not cover any of a HB but we know it will cover some of the birth center. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to make this decision and had found the best of both options, but now I feel like I'm back to square 1. My next appointment is at 16 weeks, and my first payment is due so I'm makign that my deadline to decide.
Any thoughts? Has anyone had a baby at a birth center then did a home birth with thier next child?
Andrea, mom to Abigail (6) Annabelle (4) and Alexis (1)
Two Little Monkies on Etsy
View Public Profile
Find all posts by andi2284