View Single Post
February 2nd, 2011, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What is messier - a planned home birth or having the baby in the car on the way to the birth center?

That's a hard one, and I'm actually kind of in the same boat. I started going to the birth center from my last birth and am considering a home birth now. I was under the impression I could get a home birth with them, but now the chances seem slim, so I need to decide if I want to stick with them or find a HB midwife. DH still seems to feel iffy about a home birth, even though he knows it is just as safe. I'm not sure what it is about it, but I guess the idea of being home they still can't get past. The biggest difference in my mind is the fact that with a home birth, I can relax more. I don't have to worry about the 1/2 hour drive to the birth center while in labor. My last labor was 6 hours, not quite as quick as yours, but I do worry about having an even faster labor (3-4 hours) and trying to make it there in time.

As for the mess, I asked a friend of mine who recently had a home birth and she said the midwife did it all. She cleaned everything up, put some laundry in, and drained the tub after the birth. They didn't have to worry about anything.

Expecting baby #4!