View Single Post
February 2nd, 2011, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Paula, you're the reason I asked.

I was one who wore make up pretty young. My parents never said anything as I was just trying to copy my sister. Just lipstick and eye shadow, but still..

At 13/14 I was into wearing black lipstick, eyeliner, extra chunky black mascara. (before goth/emo became "cool")

I am so against it. I look at my face, compared to my sister and her mother who both have caked it on religiously since turning 12. Their faces seem to have the biggest, deepest pores I've ever seen and my sister, at 25 years old breaks out like a 14-15 year old.

girls, 8-12 need to calm down with trying to grow up. I look at the make up and the clothes these girls wear and it scares the crap out of me. Then I think of the **** I pulled... Scared out of my mind.

I think parents, especially mothers need to stress to their daughters how beautiful they are. To go over cherishing their bodies, and respecting themselves. Call me naive, but I think it would go a very long way, if we did this starting when our girls are really young.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]