View Single Post
February 7th, 2011, 10:46 AM
frequent flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by andi2284 View Post
I honestly think the only thing blocking them mentally from agreeing to a home birth is that it's not "normal". What will people say? Even though it is just as safe, I think it's also hard for them to feel "safe" in a medical way, at home - I think some men just need to get past that mental aspect of it to really feel comfortable with the idea.

DH and I will be discussing this over the next week before I meet with the HB midwife, so if you manage to convince yours, I'd love to know how you did it! I really want to respect him and take into consideration what he is going to be comfortable with, but I don't see a logical reason why he shouldnt' be either, since a home birth IS just as safe as giving birth at the birth center.
Yeah, that's actually what he keeps saying the more I press him. 'It's just weird.' But I figure it's important to fight this fight now, because if I end up with a successful home birth this time, then I'm sure he'll 'let me' do it again for any subsequent pregnancies! So I'm not giving up!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)