View Single Post
February 7th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Mmmmm scones. I haven't had those in a long time. I like to put fruit or dried dates in mine, so yummy.

My lasagna recipe is memorized, as is my turkey noodle soup. Everyone really likes my lasagna so I finally wrote it up to share.

9 Lasagna noodles, boiled
1 pound lean ground beef
4 breakfast sausage links – maple flavor
1 medium onion, chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
4-5 white mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1 green or red pepper, chopped (optional)
2 jars of your favorite spaghetti sauce, or the equivalent of homemade
1 thing of ricotta cheese, the full fat stuff (the big container, forgot the amount)
1 egg
Dry parsley
Garlic powder
Italian Seasoning
4 cups Shredded Mozzarella

1. Boil the lasagna noodles, drain and rinse in cold water (for easier handling).

2. Brown the ground beef and sausages, removing the casing from sausage first. Drain fat and set meat into large mixing bowl.

3. Sauté onions, garlic and peppers until soft, about three-five minutes, making sure not to burn garlic. Toss mushrooms in at the last minute, and then add everything to the bowl of meat.

4. Add sauce to meat/veggie mixture. Give a few good shakes of garlic powder and Italian Seasoning, plus salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.

5. In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese with egg, and a liberal amount of parsley (I just eyeball it).

5. Layering: on the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 glass baking dish, put just enough of the sauce mixture to coat the bottom, and then do the first layer of noodles. (Three noodles per layer). Add about half of the sauce mixture over the first layer of noodles, than do the second layer of noodles. Smooth the cheese mixture over pasta to coat evenly before adding the last layer of noodles. Finish up with the rest of the sauce mixture and top with about 4 cups of mozzarella cheese.

6. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350F. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.

It's the maple breakfast sausage links that makes the dish. Sounds weird I know, but one time I threw them in by mistake and it was SO good, so for a long time it was my secret ingredient.