View Single Post
February 8th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Hi all,
I just wanted to tell you all my story to give you hope as when I was diagnosed with a SCH I was trawling every site hourly, desperate for some positive advice. At 9.5 weeks (& on New Year's Eve) I started having a dark brown discharge & was terrified as I had had a miscarriage at exactly the same time 1.5 years previously. It took 4 days to get a scan and then miraculously we saw that there was still a heartbeat & I was diagnosed with SCH. I then bled everyday ( differing amounts until I was 12.5 weeks), the night before my 13 week scan, I woke up with dreadful cramps and stood up to find pink blood running down my legs (sorry for the graphic description). When I got to the bathroom, I started passing a couple of huge clots as big as the palm of my hand & was totally devastated. Unbelievably on my scan the next day all was still well - we were truly amazed!! I continued to bleed daily until week 19 - sometimes heavily / red / dark etc. But I now have a 6 month healthy baby boy and wanted to let you all know there is sometimes a bright light at the end of the tunnel. Other things I learnt is that the position of the SCH affects the severity - it seems to be more positive if it is under the baby & not above (as it doesn't push down on the baby putting pressure on the placenta); that in scans the bleed measurements can change from being 2 inches to 5 inches in a day - so don't worry about the size too much (even 7-10 inches is not considered big) and lastly in the UK they really didn't worry about this & the Drs insist there is nothing you can do to change the outcome of the pregnancy so don't sit and stress (if that is at all possible??). I meant to log on & write this 6 months ago - just to let anyone looking for some positive stories know that even in your darkest hour - there is still hope! xxxx