View Single Post
February 8th, 2011, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekatala View Post
I might be the unpopular opinion here, but really women shouldn't be trying to have twins, it is unsafe. A twin pregnancy is 4 times harder than a singleton, and come with a lot more complications and problems. If you pop into the Moms of multiples board you would be amazed at how many twins are born very premature.

My twin pregnancy was awful. I started going in once a week, and spent the last month of it in the high risk wing in the hospital. In the end one of my twins passed away at 16 days old due to prematurity. I am now TTC again and I am mortified about the chance of having multiples again. I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy.

So if you are tempted to try to have twins on purpose, please take a minute to do some research and know what the risks are.
I don't completely agree with that. I had my first child, my son Jacob, August 2010. I was pregnant three weeks when I began having complications. I was on extreme bedrest (I wasn't even allowed to sit up) mid January. My doctor took me off bedrest the third week of July- two weeks later my son was born seven weeks premature at 2lbs 3 ounces & was in the NICU for five weeks & three days.
I think no matter what the circumstances of the pregnancy are - whether it's your first, fifth, multiples or a single baby- it can go wrong in a hurry.
I would just like to say too, having come dangerously close a few too many times to almost losing my son, I can't imagine what you went & are going thru. I am so sorry.