View Single Post
February 8th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies!

I already posted in my playroom and on the pumping boards, but I need all the help I can get! I was exclusively pumping for my daughter for 7 months, but now I want to pump less often and feed her both breastmilk and formula. The problem is, she spazzes out whenever I give her formula. Cries and cries and cries. I'm just worried because I still want to give her both...I think if I dried up and she couldn't smell breastmilk on me and formula was her only option...well, I think she would eventually drink it. But I've been trying for a couple of days and it seems to me like she would rather go hungry than have formula, which surprises me because she is eating solids now and has never freaked out over a new taste.

And the crazy thing is, formula ISN'T a new taste for her. She had some when she was a newborn, and she had a couple of bottles last month during her 6 month growth spurt with the baby-sitter. I even bought different bottles today because I thought that would help (so she knows she is drinking something else)...nope. She'll drink water from a sippy cup. I am at a loss! Has this happened to anyone here? Is 7 months too late to introduce formula?

Oh, I also tried a few different formulas...enfamil ready-to-feed (this is what she had as a newborn and last month), enfamil powder, and good start ready-to-feed.