View Single Post
February 13th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I'm in the same boat. I was planning on birthing with my midwives group in hospital. I've always wanted a home birth but could never convince DH. Now 37 weeks along...with baby #4 (and definitely last baby) Our insurance changed on us which would force us to change to an OBGYN. And even change hospitals.
I'm am not happy about this and told my DH that I will be birthing at home. Unassisted -because the closet midwife -that will do home birth- is about 2.5 hours away.
So I am quickly throwing things together to prepare for a homebirth, even though my husband is not on board. I'll probably do an "oops, i didn't make it to the hospital in time"....
I've had my first 3 kids in Hospital with midwives and done the whole all-natural birthing (no interventions- what-so-ever)...so I feel confident enough to do it again. Just at my home, with no one but my mom and husband.
Good luck with trying to convince your DH... I think there's a sticky with stories and facts to convince the DH here. If that doesn't work...like you said, it's ultimately up to you. And I'm taking that literally. I don't care if I have support at all. I WILL have the birth experience I desire, for my baby and my own safety.