View Single Post
February 14th, 2011, 08:11 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Okay, I hate to admit it, but here I am again. FAT! Boo. I have 40 pounds to lose. I can't believe I did this to myself again, but it is what it is and here I am. At least I am working on it at 40 pounds instead of 80 like last time. I have tried to get back on track a few times now and not stuck with it. In my defense some of this has been adjusting to a new baby in the house, one that was very fussy and needy. I had a lot of crap going on and I'm not really that upset with myself because I honestly only gained 20 post baby and the other 20 was pregnancy weight gain from my miscarriages. Anyhow, this still leaves me with 30-40 pounds to lose. I am trying to keep realistic goals. It is overwhelming the idea of 40 pounds or 3 months to lose this so I decided to do this as a day by day challenge. 90 days was as big a number as I could put in my head. I figure they have Power 90 so 90 days is a realistic goal. I don't want to use a blog this time and I don't want to take pictures. This challenge is for me and only me. I don't care if others read this, but with a blog I find myself too focused on motivating others and not myself. I don't want that pressure. I don't want to take pictures this time because this thread is not all about me tooting my own horn because I am skinny. I don't want to be like that any more. I was teetering on an eating disorder last time and I really just don't want to be focused on being super skinny or having the perfect bod. I however don't want to be fat and unhealthy either.

So here's my goal 90 days of journaling. No I am not journaling my every food intake. I don't feel like my every food intake being read by others. I also don't want to become as obsessed as I was with counting every last calorie. I know when I am eating bad and I know when I am eating healthy.

I do want to exercise every day for the next 90 days. I know that may seem like a stupid goal or unhealthy, but for me it's more about the habit. Not every day will be hardcore exercise, but I have been thinking about it and I think a little walk every day is good for your body.

My first 30 days I want to do the 30 day Shred every day for 30 days. I also want to start jogging again, but not doing that every day. I will reply later today with how day 1 went and so on and so forth.

Oh one more thing, if it kills me I am not stepping on the scale for 30 days. I will go take some measurements later today and put that on day one. I will take measurements again at 30 days. I may or may not step on the scale in 30 days. I'll decide that later. Right now my one and only goal is to do the 30 Day Shred for 30 days. Everything else is secondary.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama