View Single Post
February 15th, 2011, 07:22 AM
Super Mommy
With my first, I went in thinking I'd prefer not to have an epidural but would get one if it got too much to bear. They had TENS there, which worked enough for me that I didn't feel I needed the epidural, and I was happy that I didn't get it. I guess I wanted to be able to feel what full labour and delivery was like, just to say I had experienced it.

With my second, I asked for an epidural because it was a lot more intense and I figured I still had hours to go. Didn't realize I was already a hair away from 10cm, so it was too late for one, which actually was fine; I didn't really want one but didn't think I could handle much more. Fortunately, I didn't have much time left to go!

With my third, when I got to the point that I thought was too rough to handle, I remembered that I didn't have long to go (as per my second delivery), so I didn't ask for it then either.

I had midwives for my last two deliveries, so they didn't ask about epidurals. With my first, though, I don't recall the nurses asking if I wanted it. Maybe I just don't remember.