View Single Post
February 16th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Proud Mama to a Preemie
As of today, I am eight wonderful weeks, and four days.

Presently, I am seeing an OB, though will be moving in June/July to a new state, thus leaving my good doctor behind.

I've been contemplating a midwife. I've done a great deal of research, have read the boards and posts on this site (what interesting stories you fine ladies have!) and still feel a little ... Questionable.

The idea of having a baby at home is absolutely beautiful. Being able to be in the comfort of my own space, with my family around and no strangers in sight, the absence of the smell of bleach, sterile floors, crying, ticking/dinging of machines... It's almost a dream come true.

As far as I know, I'm a low-risk pregnancy - though I guess I don't know what qualifies a woman to be high-risk. I suppose more than anything, I just want to hear more stories, more benefits and perks, and so on from you lovely people.

Our "fence" item is the fact we'll be an hour and a half outside of any major city, thus putting us far away from the hospital in case we needed it. Is that too far? Is that unsafe? I know there's the option of a Birthing Center but again, a home birth would be absolutely amazing...

Your thoughts?