View Single Post
February 22nd, 2011, 04:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh sweetie, I understand! My DH & I have one daughter, almost 3, and I, too, am a SAHM. We're doing alright on one income, as well as gracious help from family at times too. But add another mouth to feed and we feel we'd be strapped too. We would prefer to live a little more comfortably and be able to give our daughter whatever we can, take her on vacations, maybe private school, etc. With two, we just couldn't do that.

Also, I hear you on the zombie thing from the baby days. That whole first year was HARD. My DH & I still clearly remember it all. I had PPD as well. We don't really want to relive it.

Every once in awhile, we talk about some baby name we like or we've had our moments of, "Should we just rip the bandaid off and go for it?!" But that lasts for a day or two. Truthfully, we are done with one. We are content. Maybe we're too cautious or practical or heck, even a wee bit scared, but honestly, we know what we can handle. And we know that we don't want to struggle, be it financially or emotionally.

Feel free to PM me anytime, hun. I can so relate to much of what you described.