View Single Post
February 27th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Newbie here..

The father didn't respond too favorably. He wants an abortion because he's young (23, will be 24 a month after the baby would be born). He says he isn't ready to give up his independent lifestyle. By that he means, just picking up and being able to go out..no sitters, etc...just him and I. Also, our relationship is rocky but we are actively working on it. We've been together for 6 years total. So that's another reason..he doesn't want to bring a kid into a rocky relationship.

I'm still on edge about the abortion thing and he knows it. However, it seems we are still moving forward with it. He says if I have the baby, he will man up to his obligations, but that it would cause a giant rift in our relationship because he doesn't want it. That's hard to deal with.

To be honest, we both have stable jobs, although we aren't in our home country. That causes issues because we have very little/no support here. Our family is thousands of miles back home. I would get maternity leave through my company and we both have insurance. Not to mention we also get a subsidy back for basically the entire cost of the birth. So..from a financial standpoint..yes, it COULD be kind of rough, but people have lived off of worse.

Wow, this turned out to be a giant rant.