Topic: Own or Rent?
View Single Post
March 4th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to way2gomom Send a message via Yahoo to way2gomom Send a message via Skype™ to way2gomom
We are renting too. We are planning to buy a house in 2 years, but if DH's parents move to AZ (they are planning to do this in the next few years or so), then DH wants to buy their land. So in 2 years if they are planning to move within the next year or so, we might put ownership back again...

Our landlord is terrible, but we are month-to-month because we have rented with him for so long. We had a year's lease initially and it stipulated month-to-month following the end of the term. We've never signed a new lease. Our year was up 3 years ago now

DH is considering moving into an apartment complex, and I'm not too thrilled about the idea, but we might do it if we are planning to wait more than 2 years to move. At our house now we have a great backyard and can have a garden, which I love, but it might be worth trading it for a decent landlord. I have a hard time giving up the month-to-month arrangement, though.

blog: justjoanna.com | twitter: way2gomom | facebook | pinterest: way2gomom