View Single Post
March 5th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you all for your responses.

I am still trying to figure out what is the best plan for Jack. We are waiting for the paperwork to go through for his ABA therapy but since we live in a smaller town there arent a whole lot of ABA therapist around here. Right now he goes to a Preschool (for half the day) and gets some OT and speech through them. He also sees a child Psychiatrist to moniter his meds. He is on Focalin XR in the am and Focalin (short acting) @ 2:45 and then he takes Clonadine and Trazadone @ bedtime to help with his sleeping (because the ADHD meds make it so can't sleep at all).

When they tested him @ his preschool he tested above average in some areas and well below in others. He has become very argumentative and really hard to handle (sometimes). Dealing with him can be very confusing because when the ADHD meds are working he is typical Asperger's where he obsesses and freaks out but when his meds are wearing off he is typical ADHD.. running around, not focusing, fighting with his siblings, annoying them and being physically aggressive. It is very confusing for me as a parent. I thought that Aspies were not supposed to be clingy. He can be very clingy and needy at times and anytime he feels like he is in trouble he asks for a "hug" and will not calm down until you give him the hug.

I really wish there were a group for Aspie parents around me so I could get some info and some feedback from parents who have BTDT.