View Single Post
March 7th, 2011, 05:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen2Love View Post
I'm a newbie. I try not to just post and run. For me it's hard I don't know where I belong: here, secondary infertility, ttc after loss, other. I can't dedicate myself to post in all, so I thought the best fit was here. Sometimes I just don't feel like I fit the criteria to belong. I feel like it but I feel "different.". I guess what I mean by that it seems like most members are ttc #1 or went through everything for #1 and know the same deal for future dc. I have a dd, had a normal pg and find everyone wondering how did it happen. And we never ttc in a traditional sense (ntnp) and bc of losses we had a fertility work up. Also I feel like the general vibe is people who can't get pregnant for whatever only belong here not those like me who have a LPD and can't sustain a pregnancy. Id post in secondary infertilty- but i am not infertile. I don't want to offend but that's one barrier to me posting. That and being here is just too hard (ie in the 2ww).
Well if the criteria were getting pregnant only by medical assistance I wouldnt be part of the group Im a "vet" if you want to call me that...3 ivf cycles 5years of ttc before I had my first born..but not ONE of the ivf's got me pregnant. I conceived all 3 of my babies naturally...one before IVF (after 2yrs of ttc) that I lost, and my son and daughter were each conceived after a FAILED ivf...6mths after each one actually. After my first ivf failed i was told by 3 reproductive endocrinologists that i would never have a biological child, that i would never get pregnant on my own again..i was told i had less than 1% of getting pregnant naturally...so i WAS an extreme case of infertility..but now im sure people wonder why im even here( with 3 natural pregnancies)..but i have no where else to go and this has always been my home.

The inability to sustain a pregnancy is infertility and you have a place here with us(if you want it) and no one should wonder why you are here. LPD is not something to sneeze at.

Please dont feel like you cant post.