View Single Post
March 14th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by CutiePies2 View Post
My first birth was going along great -- 8cm, 5 hours into labor and I decided for an epi. Everything stalled and after another 5 hours of labor, it all ended in a C-section. Aftwards, I had the WORST back pain! They actually had to readminister the epi when I went into the delivery room because when they were moving me from one table to the other, the darn thing was pulled out! Frustrating. I swear that I still feel back pain in that location almost 6 years later.

My second birth was all-natural -- a VBac. Very intense and over in about 3 hours. Since I have experienced both worlds of pain, I would have to say that I would do it all natural again. It was totally amazing--painful, but amazing.

But whichever way you go, it has to be a personal decision. No one should coerce you one way or the other. You're the only one who knows what your body is capable of.
Thanks for sharing this! Your first birth describes mine exactly (except the epi coming out part) and I'm trying for a VBAC this time! I hope I have as great a 2nd birth experience as you did!

I'm choosing NCB because I want a VBAC so badly! As mentioned earlier, an epi can increase the risk of CS (stalled labor and fetal distress)... and I believe it caused my first one!