View Single Post
March 15th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first was completely natural. Though not by choice!

My water broke at 37w 5d and my contractions started immediately at 3 minutes apart. We headed to the hospital and I was admitted. At 3 cm they checked and said I could have the epidural at 4 cm so they ordered it but in the 30 minutes it took for the anesthesiologist to arrive I dilated from 3-9 so they wouldn't give it to me! I then had to NOT push for 30 minutes waiting for the doctor and once he arrived I pushed through 4 contractions any my son was born. No epi, no induction.

With my 2nd, my water broke at 37w 4d but my contractions never started. A few hours later I was starting to run a fever so they started pitocin and I got an epidural. Pretty relaxing labor actually I pushed for 10 minutes with him.

My 3rd was the baby we lost at 20 weeks. By the time we got to the hospital I was abrupted, my water had broken and I was 8 cm dilated. He was born about 15 minutes after we arrived and then I retained the placenta. They had to manually extract the placenta which was the most horrific pain I have ever endured and I lost 4 pints of blood. I was lucky to survive.

My 4th was a total induction at 36 weeks. They started cervadil and then 12 hours later started the pitocin. I dilated quickly and went from starting the pit to deliver in 4 1/2 hours. I did have an epi that time however they got it to me too late so I basically rolled over from receiving the epidural and started to push.

This time I plan to be induced again but don't plan to get an epidural. It was the worst part of my last labor.

Oh, no episiotomies with any though I did have slight tears with my 3 live births.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook