View Single Post
March 15th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnicole View Post

I have a clotting disorder and will see a high risk OB once I graduate from the RE, and I am terrified of them telling me that I will have to induce before 40 weeks. I want my baby to be able to arrive when he/she is ready, and I want my baby to have a mom who is awake, alert, and able to care for him/her as much as possible- not recovering from major surgery.

Actually, this is the main reason I'm induced early. I have 2 clotting disorders (APS and MTHFR) and am on Lovenox from conception on. I have a history of early delivery (never even been 38 weeks pregnant), fast deliveries (longest is 5 1/2 hours) and I live an hour from the hospital. By the time I realize I'm actually in labor, it's too late for me to make it to my hospital and I'm way too nervous to chance coming off of my Lovenox for several weeks. So, for all those factors, we choose to induce early. With my last baby I had an amnio at 36 weeks to verify lung maturity and then we induced the next day. We plan to do the same thing this time around.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy Follow us on Facebook