View Single Post
March 16th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnicole View Post
I'm also hoping for a natural childbirth (though I'm not SUPER set on it.... extreme situations may change my mind ). My main issue is I really don't want to be induced because I don't want the extra risk of C-section.

I have a clotting disorder and will see a high risk OB once I graduate from the RE, and I am terrified of them telling me that I will have to induce before 40 weeks. I want my baby to be able to arrive when he/she is ready, and I want my baby to have a mom who is awake, alert, and able to care for him/her as much as possible- not recovering from major surgery.

But you voiced my thoughts exactly. Sometimes I feel guilty for wanting to control my labor, when the chance to labor at all is such a gift.
Nicole, I hope you do get to let the baby pick their birthday and have a spontaneous vaginal delivery, but if you don't, it will be for a VERY good reason... I do think there are some rather serious risks with blood clotting disorders, depending on what type you have. Thanks for understanding where I'm coming from though!!! Why do we feel guilty for wanting things?! Of course we are grateful for what we have... it doesn't mean we can't dream big......