View Single Post
March 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It's Week 10 and the cold has turned into a nasty cough. I was going to go see my doc today but it's starting to get better. Plus, I'm not running a fever and gunk I'm coughing up is yellow, not green, so I'm pretty sure I don't need antibiotics, and there's basically nothing else I'd feel comfortable taking at this point. If I could just get a decent night's sleep without waking myself up with coughing, I'd probably be able to go to work, but instead I've been working from home all week. Thank goodness my boss is the most awesome person in the world, she has been totally supportive and just said, "Don't worry about us, just take care of yourself." She totally gets the "you can't take anything so a cold is worse when you're pregnant" thing.

Beyond that, I'm hanging in there. I've got some nausea but who knows if it's from pregnancy or from the post nasal drip?

Meanwhile, DH has pneumonia. Yes, you read that right, pneumonia. His cough is 100 times worse than mine, so much so he's been sleeping downstairs on the futon in the play room because leaning up against a wall is the only way he can sleep. He's about to head back to his doctor for a follow-up since he's only marginally better--his fever is gone but the cough is not really any better.