View Single Post
March 17th, 2011, 03:08 PM
fka teresarunningmommy
Day 32

Grr... typed a bunch out and then bumped the computer and hit the back button and lost my whole post. Starting over so going to be much shorter.

Didn't do the 30 DS today. Printed out a calendar and put my half marathon training plan on it. I used Hal Higdon's Intermediate plan. I did add hill work to his plan since he didn't have any and I was totally not prepared for hills on my marathon I don't ever want to skip that again no matter what anyone says. I also mapped out a full marathon training plan going forward from the half marathon date. I'm almost ready to commit to training for a full one, but not quite there yet.

I got outdoors to run today too! It was beautiful! I ran 4 miles, kept chanting "slow" "steady" "slow" "steady" for the last half of my run. I had my headphones on, but I am sure I was saying it out loud, just not sure how loud. I didn't really care if anyone heard me. Wasn't really anyone to hear me anyhow, but I find chanting words like that helps me to push myself. I don't like how slow I am, but I can feel already that I am picking my endurance back up and my speed will hopefully soon follow. I feel real good today.

Will do days 28, 29, and 30 of the 30DS hopefully by Sunday and take measurements Monday. I'm ready to move on to something else.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama