View Single Post
July 22nd, 2006, 10:00 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to HappyMamaBear
I was just curious. I am going through a bit of a rough patch. I have been home with my children for 7 years. My husband has a weekend shift at work ....so he works Friday, Saturday & Sunday 4-4 and I work M-th from 6-2. This works really well for us because one of us is always with our children and my husband is just as much a part of their homeschooling as I am. My children do not wake up until about 10a.m. each day, so there are not many hours that they miss me in a day. The problem I am having is that all of the moms in our homeschooling groups are sahms. This is not a bad thing..but a lot of times it's my husband taking the kids to the play dates etc....so whenever I am able to go to get togethers...I find myself getting the cold shoulder.... I don't understand it?? At work most of the women are nice..but I get the typical responses to me homeschooling and then the moms that homeschool are acting weird....I am stuck between a rock and hard place. I was just curious if anyone else worked and homeschooled and how it's working for them. Thanks.