View Single Post
March 19th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Poor Teddy! We started on Nutramigen formula which is similar (no milk or soy). It also didn't smell too pleasant so I imagine it didn't taste good either. But maybe he would tolerate a different brand if you could try that. Similac makes one too - Alimentum, I believe.

Was he already taking a bottle? Could it be just an issue with bottle feeding in general that maybe a different type of bottle or nipple would help? I know some babies can be picky as far as what kind of bottle they will use.

I don't know if this is terrible advice or not, but maybe you could gradually mix some of the formula with BM in the bottle. I know when switching to different types of formula sometimes they suggest starting with 25% of the new kind and 75% of what they're used to (in his case breastmilk) then slowly going up to 50/50 and then 75/25 so that they gradually get used to it. The problems with the breastmilk would still be there for a little while but hopefully he would get used to just drinking the formula over time.

Last edited by MaggieLizer; March 19th, 2011 at 11:12 AM.