View Single Post
March 22nd, 2011, 08:03 PM
Formerly Halfbaked
Things have changed so much in just the last 3 years since my last one, I'm not sure where to start. The big thing that surprised me was that the crib sides don't go down anymore. Also, the whole car seat thing. Lots of different recommendations but most of those things aren't the law. Look it up in whatever state you live because it's different from State to State.
I don't have one of those fancy pillows. I did buy a bone shaped pillow from wal-mart for $5 that I use between my knees. Love that thing, but I just stuff regular pillows around me as I need them. As for pregnancy stuff, it's now normal to get an early ultrasound as well as a later ultrasound. With my first, they only gave 1 around 20 weeks. Now you can go to the mall and pay to have one done in 3d. Hypnobirthing is also something that has become popular. I've debated trying it but for some reason, I don't think it will work as well if I'm the only one going to the classes.
Things that haven't changed are mothers intuition, breastfeeding, unsolicited advice. There are still normal bottles although there are a lot of "special" bottles. Pumping has changed tons if that's something you want to do. Swings still go back and forth although you can get ones that run on battery or plug into the wall and there is convertible everything now. Strollers that change into carseats that hook to a swing that change into a high chair. I personally like separate items but everything matching can be cute.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page