View Single Post
March 23rd, 2011, 06:27 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to MistralRose
Hello everyone,

My name is Jen and I just joined today after feeling like I have nowhere else to turn. Currently, I am a stay at home mom to my 2 daughters and one step daughter (all school age). My daughters both have different BDs who have never been involved and it's better that way. My step daughter's BM decided to not be involved this past January after relinquishing custody of her daughter this past August. I believe in the end, her opting out will be well worth it, as she has no positive attributes or input for her only daughter. For right now, we are struggling with trying to get my 10 year old step daughter to adjust to living her (she regularly visited us before the custody switch). After 7 months, it just keeps getting worse. Everyday there are battles to get her to be honest, to account for herself, to eat without giving a problem (gagging, vomiting). We have had her in therapy, but she is not interested in opening up and we find ourselves constantly spinning our wheels.

It's a long and involved story, but I won't flood this post with it just now. I'm an open book, so feel free to ask questions, offer advice, etc! At the end of every day I question why it was such a good idea to take on this endeavor. I'm running out of steam and patience!

Thanks for listening!
Jen