View Single Post
March 25th, 2011, 04:25 PM
noworries
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jennifer* View Post
I hope you ladies don't mind me posting here. I often refer to my son as "angel" as a term of endearment. I think I'll be changing it to "pumpkin." I never thought of the term being hurtful to anyone. I have never experienced the loss of a child, but I would never ever do or say anything to hurt the feelings of someone who has. I would hate to be out somewhere, say it, and have someone who has experienced that loss hear it.
We don't at all mind you posting here. We completely understand that someone calling their child angel has no intention of hurting someone else. It's thoughtful of you to care enough to be mindful of people around you who may have experienced the loss of a child.

Beth, I also don't believe that my Eli is an angel but I still feel a connection with the quote that was used and when I hear it, I think of a child that has died, therefore I do not think it is appropriate for a living child. But, before Eli, I probably would not have thought anything of it so obviously our experiences change our perspective.