View Single Post
March 25th, 2011, 07:32 PM
(rebeccabaltimore)
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I don't know why anyone would call ANY child, living or dead, and angel. I think we can all agree that angels are supernatural creatures, biblical in origin. Biblical angels aren't always sweet, caring and nice. They are flawed, just like humans, and they do some pretty horrible **** (in fact that's their job). These angels, these seraphim, well there is a lot of biblical text discussing and describing them. There are distinct classes of angels, when I think of cherubs, I don't think of cute little angel babies, I think of THESE guys:
Quote:
The prophet Ezekiel describes them as a tetrad of living creatures, each having four faces: of a lion, an ox, an eagle (or griffon vulture[2]), and a man. They are said to have the stature and hands of a man, the feet of a calf, and four wings

So in fact, I have a lot of trouble when people call my children angels babies. A LOT of trouble. And that is the terminology in the pregnancy loss community. Angel babies and angel mommies and angelversaries. My kid is NOT one of those creatures, and he was born, so he gets a BIRTHday just like he deserves.

/rant

And I wouldn't call Grant an angel either. I think it's ironic that people use that term when their kids are behaving given how angels have behaved.

Thank you Vicki for my awesome siggy!!

Last edited by rebeccabaltimore and more; March 25th, 2011 at 07:34 PM.