View Single Post
March 28th, 2011, 10:50 AM
DOh!
It's definitely much easier than it seems. I think most people go into it not super sure if they *can do it. It's a pretty normal reaction, at least until you get in there and start. It quickly becomes second nature. Granted you could always have an off day, or two. But the beauty of homeschooling is that you CAN take those days off, if you need or just want to. You can work around whatever schedule you, or your child(ren) have too. It's really nice to not have to worry about missing school because of appointments, being sick, or just generally having an off day.

Like today for example, the kids got up by 5am, and were up driving me bonkers, lol. So we started lessons early and everyone was done before 9. That included a couple of semester reviews we needed to get in as well as a few extra things I gave the kids to work on for their trouble areas. It was mostly just busy work. The girls are pretty independent in their work, so I don't have to do a whole heck of a lot of "teaching". It's more for Leo, who isn't quite ready to read all of his directions for things and understand concepts on his own, yet. At least not for all subjects anyway.

I guarantee you that you will not shortchange your children, whatever your final decision is. Just knowing what you *want for your child is enough to realize that if things aren't going right, you'll know it, and change. Not real sure if that makes any amount of sense but it does in my head, and I have a horrid migraine so I may not be putting that into words very well, lol. (trying to get rid of it before my ct this afternoon, but it's NOT working.. oy)

I'm in Ohio too btw There's a few of us from Ohio here.