View Single Post
March 29th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Thank you! To be honest, I have no team, but I do have a wonderful friend who comes over once a week to babysit so I can run errands or go out with dh. But mainly its just we, trying to be Mom, Teacher and Therapist, all in one, LOL.
Wow! I can't even imagine! We have a great team around us and I still feel like I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing 99% of the time. You are one courageous mamma!

Okay...back to the post. You sound like I did a few weeks ago! We only just got started officially well...today. I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1. We were reluctant at first, but like many others here, our little one has special needs and the public preschool she was attending just wasn't working for her. There was a lot of disagreement between us and the school about what her needs and abilities are and how best to work with her and she was the one who suffered for it. Now we can just do what she needs without dealing with others opinions.

2. I guess age depends on location and maybe what your schooling plans are. Our plan for now is to finish pre-k at home this year and send her to kindergarten at a private school in the fall. That will be about a month before her 6th birthday. If I had known it was a realistic option for us I probably would have started sooner.

3. For me the first step was posting my questions in here. Since you've already done that, I agree with the others. Get to know the laws for your area.

4. So far we have been very much supported by everyone. (except her former preschool but they don't count)

Good luck with your decision.