View Single Post
April 3rd, 2011, 08:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyKitty View Post
Hmm, not sure if I would do that except for a close friend. If you were to want to go with a home birth route, in your case you might be better off with a free standing birth center. The one where I delivered my second daughter was in an old victorian house that felt just like home. If you have to travel away from your own home, anyway, a freestanding birth center would be pretty much the same great environment, minus the factor of potentially disturbing a friend/family member's family life for a day or two.
I would love to go to a birth center. I think that would be ideal for me but the closest one is at least 3 hours away and that just wouldn't work out. I really wish there was something closer. If home birth isn't an option I think my next best option would be to drive an hour away for midwifery care and to deliver in a more NCB-friendly hospital.

Edited: I actually just saw that both the birth centers in Indianapolis are closing, so the closest one to me would probably be The Farm, which is about 5 hours away, I think. Although I would love to give birth on The Farm I'm pretty sure that won't be an option.

Last edited by MaggieLizer; April 3rd, 2011 at 08:26 PM.