View Single Post
April 4th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaBee View Post
If you transfer couldn't your MW just say she's a Doula?

I'm not trying to push you in a direction you're not comfortable with by the way.
That's okay - I understand. I suppose that could be a possibility - although I'm sure a lot of people at that hospital have never seen of heard of a doula. Maybe I will try to do some asking around between now and then and see if there even are any DEM in that area (we will be moving back to our smaller hometown in western KY). I don't think I'll have much luck but maybe I should at least consider that if I really want a home birth. If I could find a very experienced midwife I might feel comfortable enough.

Of course I'm sure my family would all think I'm crazy for having any kind of home birth and probably not be happy about it. It's really just not done AT ALL there. But my hospital NCB, although it went well, left a bad taste in my mouth and I sometimes wonder how different a home birth would have been. I even wonder if we might have had better success with breastfeeding (but that's a whole different issue). And there are so many things I really want to do differently next time (delayed cord clamping, natural 3rd stage, placenta encapsulation, etc.) and I have a feeling if I have to fight hospital policy on a lot of stuff most of it will go by the wayside.

I know all of this is like 4 or 5 years down the road probably but since I'm kind of becoming a birth junkie I can't help thinking about it now so thanks for indulging me!