View Single Post
April 5th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hello everyone. I have 4 children and lately with all of the school funding crisis my husband has been suggesting that we home school. This is surprising because in the past he's always been against it. I have no problem with it; I was home schooled from grades 2-6. Jumping and homeschooling 3 children right off the bat is a little scary though!

I don't know much about the laws, etc but I've been talking to a friend of mine who is home schooling her daughters and she said that her in TX the laws are pretty lax and they don't try to tell you what to do at all. I'm going to talk to her some more and some other home schooling friends that I have.

I'll be lurking here some and may jump in with a question from time to time. Do you have any advice for a newbie? Things I should consider?

I know that I won't have much money for curriculum. While I would love to get a boxed curriculum, that's just not in the budget. Also, I know my parents didn't do that and I seem to have turned out just fine! I'll probably get a book here and there over the next couple of months and utilize a lot of online and printable things.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com