View Single Post
April 5th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just like babybatax I wasn't able to get the girls to nurse after they were born because they stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks. There wasn't any helpful lactation consultants either so I have been exclusively pumping ever since. Thankfully I have an awesome milk supply (I pump at least 60 ounces on a BAD day). I do periodically try to stick them to breast when I am too lazy to pump and some days they take it and some days they don't. I would say that 80% of the time they get bottle fed breast milk.

Celry is right, bfing multiples is definitely possible but hard work. It is even harder IMO to pump and feed multiples. While I was on maternity leave it felt like all I did was pump, feed both babies, change them, put them back to sleep and start the whole process again. But giving them BM is important to me so I stuck with it. I pump at least 8 times a day and drink tons of water to keep my supply up.

Definitely try it and give yourself time to get the hang of things first. It may just even come naturally this time around. Nursing one baby is hard enough, but two (just like anything else) is more work. And if something changes and you decide to go the bottle feeding BM or formula route, that is OK too. The most important thing is that your babies are being fed and you are happy.