View Single Post
April 6th, 2011, 05:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I'm going to try to answer all of your questions, but if I miss one, just ask again!
I plan to use mostly textbooks/workbooks at first to ease me into it since I feel like I don't know what I'm doing. Some religion in the curriculum is fine but not required; we are Christians and attend church.

My kids will be K, 2, and 4 grades this coming up year. I plan to start during the summer to get a head start. It's so hot here you can't go outside anyway.

My friends who are homeschooling do have kids close to the ages of my kids! One has a daughter the same age as mine, one has a daughter who is one grade under my daughter, one has two daughters who are in the same grades as my two oldest, and one has a son who is the age of my oldest son, but he was held back in Kindergarten so they aren't in the same grade level. Not only do all of these children know my children and are friends, but most of them know each other and two are cousins! I know our library has a homeschool program once a week and the local homeschoolers seem to enjoy that.

Oh, and I have a printer, so I don't mind printing off things to use!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com