View Single Post
April 8th, 2011, 06:42 AM
I'm 36 years old and this is my first prgnancy. I am at approx. 5 and a half weeks gestation, though I know my conception date, so I'm really only about 3.5 weeks along. 2 nights ago I had some light brown/rust colored discharge. The next morning I wiped myself and had bright red blood. My first reaction was, of course, fear and tears. I called my husband at work and he left immediately to come home to me. Next I called the doctor's office and left a message though their answering service. While waiting for the call back I read though the bits about spotting in "What to Expect When You're Expecting." I still had no real idea what was happening of course. Got the call back from one of the doctors and went in yesterday for my first transvaginal ultrasound. There was no heartbeat, but it's too early yet for that anyway, but that sure would have been reassuring! I had my blood draw for the hCG and the first number looked good. I have my next draw tomorrow. I'm also off work for a week (at least) as I have a potentially quite physically demanding job - I'm a physical therapist in a hospital, so it depends on the day.

It's really great to read this board and see how many people had successful term babies, or have at least progressed well in their pregnancies. Thanks for the reassurance everyone and I'll let you know how things turn out.