View Single Post
April 11th, 2011, 02:03 PM
Mama To 3 Amazing Boys
Edward is currently in Kindergarten. We use the K12 program, which is an online charter school. Art and some of math are done online, but the rest is teacher guide/workbook lessons. I teach him the lessons and we enter all of his tests and checkpoints online and he has a teacher that oversees everything and that I correspond with on any issues and such. I love it because I don't have to write my own curriculum and it's free. I don't have to pay for it!

This was a bad year to start homeschooling. Last November, I gave birth to our 3rd boy and had to take 2 weeks off of everything to recover, mainly because my stomach muscles tore but for the most part it was my fastest recovery of my 3 sections. But it was really difficult jumping back into the groove of school. Then Christmas came and he was on winter break for two weeks. Then 2 days after school started back up for the second semester, I found out that the townhouse we were renting was going into foreclosure.....we had lived there for 4 years!!!! We had accumulated a TON of junk and had 2 babies since we'd moved in....one was still barely 3 months....So I had to put school on the back burner for almost 3 months (from Jan-Mar) to find a new home, pack, move, and unpack. We're still not unpacked but school ends on May 27th for this year. Registration is open for next school year and I REALLY want to enroll Edward for the 2011-2012 school year. But I have a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth from this year that I almost don't want to do it. It's to the point now were we are tripling lessons each day in order to be complete by the time the end of school rolls around. I desperately do NOT want to put him in public school, but I'm just not sure I can do this again. My DH assures me that it'll be better next year because everything is settled compared to what we have gone through since November. What are your thoughts? Should I not judged next year's school year by what I experienced this year??? I have a feeling I'm being a little hard on myself by thinking I can't make it happen like I want to.....And I should just bite the bullet and do this again next year.
Baby #4 - Went to Heaven on 1.20.14
Proud Christian, Jesus Loving,Extended Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Non-Vaxing, Homeschooling Mama!
I choose to Homeschool so I can give my children a Godly foundation, So they know His word and His truths!