View Single Post
April 12th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We started K12 this year with my son (2nd grade) and we love it. Don't sweat not finishing things. You're able to work on the classes over the summer, if you want. Or you can finish what doesn't get done next year. The important thing is to remain in contact with his teacher so that s/he knows what's going on. We've reworked my son's school year (changed when he had spring break and some of the other breaks) and have received truancy warnings from the school. However, because I am in contact with his teacher and she knows what's going on, I don't have to actually worry about it.

If it's hours and not curriculum you are worried about, you can have almost anything count as supplemental hours. Did you go to the doctor? That can count as health or science. Did you go for a walk, or send him outside to play? That counts as gym. When you go to the grocery, let your child help in some way and that'll count as Math. And so on...

I agree that you should not judge next year by this years issues. It sounds like the issues were not K12 related, but life related. Just take a deep breath, do what you can when you can, and know that you can always finish next year what doesn't get done today.

Have you tried looking on facebook or where ever to see if your virtual academy has a page? Other parents in your academy might have some more area specific advice for you too.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools