View Single Post
April 13th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Loving My Baby Girl <3
Send a message via AIM to Mana Send a message via MSN to Mana
I do and I don't. Traveling really stresses me out. I love flying but I loathe airports, and I'm a horrible worrywort so I'm always afraid we'll be late, they won't be able to find our reservation, security will decide I look like I have a balloon of crack up my bum But once I get to where I'm going I love it!

The main places I want to see are Japan (especially Kyoto) and Greece. Both for historical reasons. I've been fascinated with ancient Japan ever since I read the Tale of Genji and the World of the Shining Prince, and the thought of standing where Heian-Kyo once stood just seems so weirdly magical. And if I do ever get to go, I would love to time it around hanami, when the cherry blossoms bloom, because I hear Kyoto is one of the best places to see it. Also, some of the temples and shrines offer lodging for tourists and you can participate in services and that would be so interesting to me!

For Greece, it's mostly because I used to be obsessed with mythology and philosophy, and I love how ancient things are! I want to see the Acropolis and Delphi, and Knossos and Phaistos, plus the beautiful beaches just because x)