View Single Post
April 18th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyday View Post
Hi there i am new to this site and i was diagnosed with a large subchronic hematoma at 10 wks then when i reached 12 wks i had a massive bleeds which have been happening for 6 wks now and the doctors will not do anything about it and im nearly 18 wks pregnant
Ask your Dr. if there could be any risk to the baby due to the bloodloss. Make he/she put it in writing if they say it won't. I had a subchorionic hemorrhage with heavy bloodloss and it took a few months to heal. My son was born with Septal Optic Dysplasia...small optic nerve and is legally blind. I never had this with any of my other pregnancies and I have 3 other healthy children. One of the symptoms of SOD is bloodloss during pregnancy. The Dr. told me that my son would be fine, but he wasn't. why are the Dr.'s afraid to explain the risks? They are afraid that they will be held responsible or negligent? Has anyone else out there had a baby born with an illness/disease after having a hemorrhage like this? please reply to me thank you