Topic: eggs anyone?
View Single Post
July 26th, 2006, 01:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix2Light
Anybody tried to give their baby egg yolks yet? YuQi hasn't had any food allergies at all yet and his father and I both didn't have any allergies when we were babies (I had an allergy to orange juice, which my mother gave me a little early but citrus is hard to digest for babies anyhow) and his father even ate egg yolks at 6 months also. I found this "recipe" if you can call it that for starting a baby on egg yolks that I'm really wanting to try but just curious as to if anyone with a 6 month old (or younger) has tried them or meats in general.

They say, to put an egg in a pot, cover it with water and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove and drain off hot water and add cold water. When egg is cooled to crack open and remove white. Smash the egg yolk in a bowl and add bm or formula (whichever you use) and give the baby a little at a time.

Update: So we tried egg yolks today Man, this little boy gobbled them down like they were going out of style it was too funny. So far so good, we tried them early this morn and it's already night here and no problems so I'm happy. We're going to make those noodles next week

by the way, I HATE poached eggs so I'm not going to poach them for him either, we just boil them and then seperate them, it's just easier that way