View Single Post
April 20th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have avoided telling my IL's about planning a HB because my MIL already thinks I am crazy for breastfeeding, cloth diapering and selective and delayed vax. Well, she put the peices together from something dh and I said and asked me point blank. I hesitated and told her the truth. And surprisingly she was excited! My FIL was born at home (and one of his kids was born at home and he strongly believes that home is where babies are made and should be born there!) and my MIL had planned at HB in 1976 with my SIL, but SIL was born at 32 weeks so obviously that didn't happen. Again, she wanted a HB with dh, but she couldn't find a midwife that would do one because of complications in her past. So she is very excited that I will be getting to do it and asked if I would mind having skype on while I labored (not the pushing part unless I was comfortable) because she really wants to be as involved as she can with the birth! Dh and I about fell over when we found all this out. This is the first thing my MIL have EVER had in common!